Friday, April 21, 2023

Spying on the South: Tavels with Frederick Law Olmsted in a Fractured Land by Tony Horwitz

Spying on the South: Travels with Frederick Law Olmsted in a Fractured LandSpying on the South: Travels with Frederick Law Olmsted in a Fractured Land by Tony Horwitz
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Since I read and Loved Horse by Geraldine Brooks, I decided to read one of her husband's books that he was researching at same time as she was writing Horse. I loved his dedication to Geraldine and this book was a compare/contrast to Frederick Olmsted travels through the South, his beliefs, and his life of abolition and change in career to land planner (as well as other changes in his beliefs, etc). I highly recommend this audiobook narrated by Mark Deakins and Tony Horwitz as it also compares our current political conflicts with Olmsted's time period.

View all my reviews

No comments: