Monday, May 29, 2023

The Getaway by Lamar Giles

The GetawayThe Getaway by Lamar Giles
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I love Lamar Giles, but sadly I do not enjoy horror stories---that is why it is a 4 & not a 5, I had to put this audiobook down alot due to the horror aspects, treatment of the workers, and the evil of those in power. The Karloff Country is a made-up world where Jay and his family work, there is a hierarchy but Jay and his friends like their jobs until chaos begins to happen and one of their friends and family disappears overnight. The mystery begins and continues throughout the story as the reader gets to know the characters, Karloff Country & its investors, and visitors. I did not like the treatment of the characters at all. Jay tried to be the voice of reason, until he wasn't. A great story but horror makes me very uncomfortable & this was very violent.Narrated by: Karl T. Wright, Imani Parks, P.J. Ochlan

View all my reviews

No comments: