Saturday, January 20, 2024

The Good House by Ann Leary

The Good HouseThe Good House by Ann Leary
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Many thanks to Tara Smith for recommending this audiobook, narrated by Mary Beth Hurt. Hildy Good is a life long resident of quaint Wendover. Hildy happens to be a pretty successful real estate broker, is divorced and an alcoholic who will not recognize she is one. It was interesting reading all the ways Hildy gave herself to drink and how often she had to drink but always hiding it because her daughters sent her to recovery. I loved Frank her life long friend and sometimes interest--but Hildy can be nasty & she was nasty to Frankie too often for me. I am not a fan of the unreliable narrator and Hildy was the perfect unreliable narrator for most of this story---and for the few times she was not drinking I did like her.

View all my reviews

No comments: