Monday, February 11, 2019

Fake ID by Lamar Giles

Fake IDFake ID by Lamar Giles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

To think this was Giles debut YA book! I loved this thriller; Nick is a teen in Witness Protection and he is on his 4th relocation; I loved the way his mind worked- he was always on guard but had a side that was so sensitive but only the reader and maybe for a very short time, Reya would see. The sick dilemma that is going on in "Whispertown" is one Nick does not want to be a part of...he was really getting into helping Eli(his new friend, only friend) publish the school newspaper but that is cut short with his suicide (is it really or is it murder). As Nick tries to find the truth he questions everything-himself, his father, and he must lie to protect his witness protection status. I could not put this book down and am jumping immediately to his latest book, Spin, for my #yearofya twitter chat this month---books by African American authors, join us in what is always a great discussion!

View all my reviews

No comments: