Saturday, May 4, 2019

(Don't) Call me Crazy: 33 Voices Start the Conversation About Mental Health Edited by Kelly Jensen

(Don't) Call Me Crazy(Don't) Call Me Crazy by Kelly Jensen
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this collection of short stories which is a Schneider Honor Award Winner for the 2019 HUB Reading Challenge. What gripping, heartfelt stories from authors and others about dealing with mental illness. I could not stop reading and learned so many different aspects of individuals dealing with the many different kinds of mental illness, how it affects them, others close to them, diagnosis and handling the daily aspects of medicine, doctors, therapists, life, and also how the writer(s) of the stories are coping. Of course, being a retired librarian, I read all the author first (Shaun D. Hutchinson, S.E. Smith, Heidi Heiling, Libba Bray, Emery Lord, Victoria Schwab, Meredith Russo, Kelly Jensen and Adam Silvera) A must read for teens, and adults!

View all my reviews

No comments: