Friday, January 10, 2020

My Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite

My Sister, the Serial KillerMy Sister, the Serial Killer by Oyinkan Braithwaite
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I really liked this book but disagreed with the ending...that said Korede is a strong but conflicted character with a sister, Ayoola, who uses her beauty and personality to fool everyone. Even Korede can't believe the lies her sister tells about her...but on to other parts of the book...I could not put down this slim book because I like to read books about serial killers. But that said I feel the author took Korede's strength of character and used it against her. The reader does not find out far into the book about their family dysfunction, maniacal father with his beatings and perverse thoughts on marriage, family and what people think about him. As Korede has no friends, she confides in a comatose patient in her hospital all that bothers her about her sister, her killings, and her own part in these. She is in love with Tade who has no idea she even exists, until her sister, the serial killer, comes into the hospital and he falls hard for her. What to do, tell Tade about Ayoola or keep silent? You read the book. I just feel Korede standing by her sister is a HUGE mistake! It is taking family love and caring for your sister no matter what too far.

View all my reviews

No comments: