Sunday, January 26, 2020

The Deep, Deep Snow by Brian Freeman

The Deep, Deep SnowThe Deep, Deep Snow by Brian Freeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this taut mystery and the police and detective procedural kept me riveted. Narrator January LaVoy was awesome; not only did I love her intonation for the story and all characters; but her honesty as Deputy Shelby Lake held me captive. With the disappearance of a ten year old in her sleepy little town, Deputy Shelby Lake, the townspeople, and the police department are faced with lies, secrets, and the infiltration of the FBI showing just how unprepared the Sheriff and staff are in bringing Jeremiah home quickly. As the years go by and the case remains cold, the town is still haunted but the case continues to throw out new clues and Shelby Lake is on the case with her pointed questions, patience, and determination. I also really loved Shelby's origin story, the dementia dilemma, and her many friendships and family connections. Dear Brian Freeman, this book would also be a great series with Shelby, her cases as sheriff and maybe a future with Lucas or Whalen? Just a thought...but I will definitely be reading your other mysteries as this is my favorite genre!

View all my reviews

No comments: