Wednesday, January 1, 2020

This Tender Land by William Kent Krueger

This Tender LandThis Tender Land by William Kent Krueger
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I had a very difficult time listening to this book; the narration was stellar by Scott Brick, I was haunted by the treatment (through the whole book) of the 4 vagabonds---hated that they suffered so much at the hands of the Brickmans and MANY others. I always rooted for the 4 kids but time and time again, harsh reality dampened my positive outlook; yes the Depression and all it entailed (racism, brutality, suffering) took over the whole tenor of this book...my first and probably my last William Kent Krueger book. I did not find any hope or inspiration in this book, plot, characters. Even the Epilogue dampened my spirits; as I mentioned to my friend who LOVED this book and recommended it- There is nothing TENDER about This Tender Land!

View all my reviews

No comments: