Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The Burying Place (Jonathan Stride, #5) by Brian Freeman

The Burying Place (Jonathan Stride, #5)The Burying Place by Brian Freeman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh do I love Brian Freeman mysteries; especially the Jonathan Stride series (but the other stand-alones and series are awesome too!!!) and this 5th book broke my heart! The case that Jonathan and Serena is working on involves the abduction of a baby, while Maggie has another case of missing women from the surrounding farms. Add to that, Maggie has a new partner Kacey who has met the killer and is now his main target. The mysteries are always taut, psychological, and I can never put them down. But I will say the Serena aspect in this book broke my heart; Joanthan is still suffering from the last book with panic attacks which he tells no one about---typical male! While I love Jonathan, I did not like his internal struggles and how he handled them, and Brian Freeman told me to read the next book in the series, I definitely will with fingers crossed!

View all my reviews

No comments: