Tuesday, June 9, 2020

The View Across the Rooftops by Suzanne Kelman

A View Across the RooftopsA View Across the Rooftops by Suzanne Kelman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thanks to Pat Graham for another great recommendation! I loved this historical fiction, taking place in Denmark during WWII/Holocaust. It was a tough read as all Holocaust stories are, but the beauty and strength of the characters, plot, and words made this a favorite for me so I will be recommending it to all my reader friends! Hannah, Michael Bloom, Elka, Ingrid, and Joseph are memorable characters for their struggles, resilience, and response to the upending of their lives during the German occupation of their home, Denmark. During this time of covid-19 it was very difficult to listen to this audiobook, but Alan Medcroft's narration was stellar. Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: