Wednesday, November 4, 2020

Retribution Rails (Vengeance Road, #2) by Erin Bowman

Retribution Rails (Vengeance Road, #2)Retribution Rails by Erin Bowman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this 2nd book in the Vengeance Road series! Awesomely narrated by Amy Melissa Bentley and Eric Michael Summerer this takes place 10 years after Vengeance Road and Kate and Jesse Colton appear (I was so so happy) but the main characters are 16 year old Charlotte Vaughn and Reese Murphy (known as the Rose kid). Charlotte is on her way to do a story for the newspaper about the railroad when the Rose Riders Gang, headed by Luther (brother), holds up the train. I was thrilled with Bowman's plot, bad boy Reece try to find redemption, after being forced into the gang and Charlotte yearns to be a reporter like Nelly Bly. There was drama galore, the gang is downright awful, Kate and Jesse are less than forthcoming, Charlotte distrusts Reece and Reece just wants out of the gang. How Bowman manages this kept me turning the pages, rooting for Kate and Charlotte and her mom and hoping against hope those Rose Riders get caught. A thrilling read!



View all my reviews

No comments: