Saturday, November 21, 2020

The Cyanide Canary: A True Story of Injustice by Robert Dugoni and Joseph Hilldorfer

The Cyanide Canary: A True Story of InjusticeThe Cyanide Canary: A True Story of Injustice by Robert Dugoni
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Narrated by Tom Perkins, this audiobook broke my heart, made me angry, and gave me hope that these Special Agents will not have to continue to fight so hard against the government, businesses, and the courts as they expose through very tedious interviews, research, and court proceedings the way Allen Elias, owner of a fertilizer facility (but really a hazardous waste disposal factory) did not care about his employees, gets away with it for years because he is a lawyer, liar, has people on the inside warning him, and tries to paint the employees as stupid. I love Robert Dugoni and now I love Joseph Hilldorfer, the EPA agent who fought for Scott Dominguez and his family as he becomes "the cyanide canary" as they expose over many years of court cases just how slow the system is. I had a problem with the judge in the case too and disagreed with his bias in favor of Allen Elias. A tough but needed read about the how those who should know and abide by the rules, laws and regulations, of hazardous waste and disposal do not and are not punished, given jail time, or made to pay up to remediate the waste facility.

View all my reviews

No comments: