Saturday, April 3, 2021

Daisy Jones and The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid

Daisy Jones & The SixDaisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this fictional audiobook, awesomely narrated by: Jennifer Beals, Benjamin Bratt, Judy Greer, Pablo Schreiber, and Julia Whelan about a band's rising popularity in the 70s and the interplay of all the band members, managers, and journalists. What I liked about the plot was the interview process and how there were so many differences in people's points of view. There was lots of drug usage and it was considered normal. The Dunne brothers band was known as The Six and then they expanded to include Daisy Jones. Where they all seemed to get along before as a band, as time wore on---Billy did not always ask permission (which he did before) when he made changes, decisions, etc. It was interesting to see the band's thoughts on these disagreements. I loved this audiobook!

View all my reviews

No comments: