Friday, April 16, 2021

The One Thing You'd Save by Linda Sue Park

The One Thing You'd SaveThe One Thing You'd Save by Linda Sue Park
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book in a format I don't usually choose for #BitAboutBooks Spring Book Challenge. The poems in this novel in verse are a new kind of poetry for me. Known as sijo it is a Korean line structure and I was captivated by this novel in verse, the plot, and the characters---the students and their teacher as they interact while contemplating, discussing and musing on the question asked by their teacher---The One Thing You'd Save if your home was on fire. I enjoyed the students, their teacher and especially the black and white illustrations which really highlight the students answers. A must read and highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: