Saturday, April 3, 2021

The Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology Book 2) by Leigh Bardugo

Rule of Wolves (King of Scars Duology Book 2)Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I LOVE Leigh Bardugo's books (except when she killed off Matthias and destroyed Nina's world---I am still not over it) and this duology of Nikolai Lantsov (is he a bastard or is he the true king?) he summons all he can with his close knit crew creating machines, submersibles, etc as weapons for the greater good during war. He is aided by Zoya his general who also has a dragon inside her (like Nikolai has a demon inside him) who is a Grisha (StormWitch) and carries so much loss with her. Nina is glamored as Hanne's mentor and spying in Fjerda as the evil Strum keeps secret locations of kidnapped grisha doused in purem and also creates the monsters from Grisha that are fighting machines. I loved the slow burn in Nikolai's relationship with Zoya. Minor characters like David, Genya, Tamar, Alina, Kaz and his crew were integral to Nikola's vision! I loved the worlds in this book, the characters, and the suspenseful plot kept me glued to this book! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: