Thursday, April 1, 2021

My Awesome Summer by P. Mantis by Paul Miesel

My Awesome Summer by P. MantisMy Awesome Summer by P. Mantis by Paul Meisel
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this Spring Related Picture Book for my #BitAboutBooks Spring Reading Challenge and I just loved Miesel's narrator, P. Mantis!!! My granddaughters love the pictures, the facts and seeing through the illustrations and dates from May through October the life cycle of the praying mantis. The laughs the baby praying mantis gleaned from my granddaughters was always about the eating.

June 2 "I'm hungry, Growing so fast! I ate one of my brothers. Okay maybe two."
June 4 "I ate another brother. And one of my sisters too."
The giggles and re-reading were filled with learning facts and how amazing this insect is!

A truly enjoyable, ingenious picture book!

View all my reviews

No comments: