Monday, March 14, 2022

Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter, #1) by David Rosenfelt

Open and Shut (Andy Carpenter #1)Open and Shut by David Rosenfelt
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this 1st book in the Andy Carpenter series, although I read the 2nd book, First Degree first in the series and my sister passed along the very first David Rosenfelt book, The 12 Dogs of Christmas and I was instantly smitten----I have to read all of Rosenfelt's books 1- they are funny, 2- they are mysteries, 3 they have dogs in them!!!, and 4 Andy Carpenter is a hoot! This first book sets up Andy's personality as a defense lawyer with his wisecracks to the reader (he loves sports, hates exercise, loves Tara, his golden retriever). Suddenly Andy's father an ex DA dies in front of him, a firestorm happens and Andy is left to pick up the pieces---number one, why did his father leave him $22 million dollars? Rosenfelt had me turning those pages- there was suspense, humor, and a deep love for dogs----I was hooked! I have been recommending this to all my friends because we love dogs and mysteries; I can't wait to read the 3rd book next, Bury the Lead!

View all my reviews

No comments: