Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Traitor to the Throne (A Rebel of the Sands Novel #2) by Alwyn Hamilton

Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands, #2)Traitor to the Throne by Alwyn Hamilton
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh my! What a gripping, adventure filled 2nd book that twisted my insides (the Sultan, the imprisoned Demdji, Amani's imprisonment) and I could not stop reading this heart-stopping story of the Blue-Eyed Bandit and her Foreign Prince & Rebel Prince and their continued machinations to obtain freedom for those in her desert. In this book, Amani is thoroughly enmenshed with her comrades Ahmed, Jin, Shazad, Delila, Hala, Imin, Izz & Maz in constant plans to thwart the Sultan. When Amani is captured by the Sultan I was truly afraid. Her aunt received a lot of money to give the Sultan a Demji so that he could further his deadly plans. What he makes Amani do after he inserts copper & iron his skin was hair-raising & her time in the harem was truly desperate. I can only say this is a must read- the whole series so far has had me laughing, crying, wringing my hands & rooting for Amani & her comrades. Could not stop turning the pages & oh do I love Amani - she is strong, always thinking, honest (we know why), has a temper and will run when she can't handle things - and where does that get her???

View all my reviews

No comments: