Monday, May 11, 2020

From Blood and Ash (Blood and Ash #1) by Jennifer L. Arementrout

From Blood and AshFrom Blood and Ash by Jennifer L. Armentrout
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really really really liked this new Jennifer L. Armentrout new adult paranormal fantasy series----in large part because of the two main characters, Poppy and Hawke. Poppy is strong, fierce, funny, yet trapped in her world as the Chosen Maiden. Her guard Vikter was badass too---from a young age he has taught Poppy how to defend herself and she wears a wolven blade he gave her on her leg. Even though Vikter chastises her; he allows Poppy to accompany him when people/soldiers have been attacked by the Craven. She has a gift which few know about. What really turned me off at the beginning was the evil Duke and his friend, Duke Mateen. With this pandemic, awful evil things bother me and I have to stop reading...but when I picked back up and continued on I was happy when Hawke becomes Poppy's Guard. He is boldly and sexily says anything to Poppy; he encourages her to fight against submitting to all her lot in life has in store for her. I was shocked when "things" changed for Poppy (her world, the Descenters, the Asended, etc.) and all she knew changes. The ending was a huge surprise and I can't wait for the 2nd book in this series. Armentrout know how to write steamy novels; I also loved her world building in this book; the fantasy was terrific and the depth and breadth of Poppy and Hawke's relationship was steamworthy!

View all my reviews

No comments: