Monday, September 7, 2020

Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks and Scones by Ngozi Ukazu

Check, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & SconesCheck, Please!, Book 2: Sticks & Scones by Ngozi Ukazu
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this 2nd book in the Check, Please series! Bitty is a junior and on the Samwell Hockey team and his love, Jack Zimmerman (fellow Samwell alum) has been drafted onto an NCAA men's hockey team, but despite it all, they keep their love alive with phone calls and texts, come out to family and friends, go to school, bake and play hockey. I just love the story, the characters, the illustrations in this 2nd & final graphic novel showing a real relationship between Bitty and Jack. It was the best story concerning friendship, acceptance, and relationships (romantic, family). I loved all the characters, their stories, the ice hockey, the baking---just a great great graphic novel series!

View all my reviews

No comments: