Friday, August 20, 2021

One Two Three by Laurie Frankel

One Two ThreeOne Two Three by Laurie Frankel
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Such a good story BUT I sometimes had a problem keeping the chapters of One then Two then Three throughout the WHOLE book was disconcerting for me and took away from the story--a disturbing story of a town being poisoned by a chemical company and with all the money in the world how the town was upended---people and animals died, water is green and brown and children born with disabilities....and this company proves to the world THIS is normal so the town Bourne becomes invisible with no one moving in or out, all are unemployed while the main characters ---the triplets hence One, Two Three (we get their POV and history of the town) make a sister pact to uncover and expose the new chemical company in town. I wanted to like River Templeton, the teen son of the corrupt grandfather who ruined their town, but Frankel chose to make him a one dimensional character and I did not like at all his duplicity with Mab. But I loved the sisters and rooted for them and their town!

View all my reviews

No comments: