Saturday, October 9, 2021

As Good As Dead (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #3) by Holly Jackson

As Good As Dead (A Good Girl's Guide to Murder, #3)As Good As Dead by Holly Jackson
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I was so so looking forward to this 3rd book in Holly Jackson's A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and the only thing I can say that I continued to love was the team of narrators who did a flawless rendering of this otherwise disappointing book. As I began to listen, I knew Pip was in some trouble because she kept repeating and repeating and repeating---so imagine a whole book of her inner monologue repeating and repeating and repeating!!! I knew all the stuff she kept repeating because I listened to ALL the books, but the fact that Pip did not seek help except through popping pills was a letdown. She was such a strong female character, I knew she could expose the DT Killer but once again and throughout this book, she did not trust the police, she did not confide in her family, and she went off on practically everything---she still had meticulous knowledge but she let her PTSD from the 2nd book drown her and this affected her confidence which the reader heard over and over again with her inner monologues. I listened to the end and was not happy at all with her decisions and how she was miserable and counting days and trying to convince herself (and the reader) she made the right choices to protect them. Come on, the Pip I knew had an arsenal of evidence and facts to turn the case around...instead she goes crazy, makes her friends complicit and then casts them off in the name of protecting them. The Pip I knew could have figured out a different way to convince the police, yet she did not---she takes one comment from the lead policeman and allows that to torpedo what she could have easily proved---but she goes back to the 1st and 2nd books and how the police would not listen to her (mind you- she only shares with Ravi, not her family and friends) I felt Pip kept me hostage the whole book and I did not like it one bit.

View all my reviews

No comments: