Saturday, December 2, 2017

Count All Her Bones (Girl, Stolen #2) by April Henry

Count All Her Bones (Girl, Stolen, #2)Count All Her Bones by April Henry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

My students at Abington Sr Hi loved April Henry mysteries!!! Now that I am retired, I continue to read and love her books and this 2nd in the series was such an addicting psychological thriller, I could not put it down, devoured it in one day. Cheyenne was blinded from a very sharp impact to her skull, and after being found in the car that was carjacked by Griffin Sawyer, Cheyenne's life since then has been one of a bodyguard/also martial arts instructor, no friends, home and school until the trial is over, hopefully convicting Griffin's dad, Roy, with their testimony (Griffin & Cheyenne). But Roy has plans to put all the blame on Griffin and have his son serve time in prison; and that is how Plan B gets put into effect. Cheyenne rocked as a blind teen who knows how to protect herself; she is one of my fave characters; she definitely has some issues, but she is grounded enough to struggle through, keep her fiery personality (as Griffin sees her "bad ass") as a central part of who she is and wants to be in life. I rooted for Griffin and Cheyenne being able to "find each other" again - reluctant readers will love this mystery series; once again April Henry has written a quick thrilling read that will keep teens reading, guessing and fingers crossed! (Read it December 1 but Goodreads would not let me put that date in, argh!!!)

View all my reviews

No comments: