Sunday, December 31, 2017

Piecing Me Together by Renee Watson

Piecing Me TogetherPiecing Me Together by Renée Watson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

What a great book!!! Jade and her friends Lee Lee, Sam, mentor Maxine, her mom are all such authentic, real characters living in a challenging world, trying to face it the best way they can. I was not a fan of the cover, but as I read the book Jade's world on the cover was one of color, brightness, showcasing her hope but also the power and beauty of art made me fall in love with this colorful cover, a mosaic of Jade's life and aspirations! I have been hearing about this book since it was published in February 2017, and after reading THUG, Long Way Down, Dear Martin, ShadowHouse Fall, The Education of Margo Sabchez, Patina & Ghost, and I am sorry it took me so long to get to reading it, but so happy I read this powerful novel about friendship, finding oneself, hardship, heartbreak, the power of love and hope and honesty---a must read for all especially those who like urban fiction, adversity, diversity, and making a difference. Such a powerful book and ending- highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: