Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Trust by Kylie Scott

TrustTrust by Kylie Scott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Well I just learned while reading reviews on this YA romance that it is considered "new adult" (from a Goodreads reviewer "What is the NA genre? New adult (NA) fiction, also rendered as new-adult fiction, is a developing genre of fiction with protagonists in the 18–30 age bracket!") I have never read anything by Kylie Scott but I will certainly be in the near future because this 2017 book was awesome! Edie runs into a convenience store for snacks and becomes a drug-crazed tweeker's hostage (and boy is she brutalized!) and if not for another teen (trying to save her) in the store, Edie and this guy, John, become the latest news story. How this encounter changes both of them is real, funny, gritty, and makes them both stronger (in different ways). As their friendship deepens, they realize no one can really understand what they went through and they begin to look out for one another and spend more time together. Edie and John are great protagonists, their friends Anders and Hang are supportive, while I found Edie's mom too annoying and suffocating, and I was horror filled that John's parent's aren't even around!!! As they traverse their friendship and life, with each 0ther, and their friends and supportive therapist, I rooted for them to overcome their trauma, continue their undeniable bond of trust, and become something more and deeper!

View all my reviews

No comments: