Wednesday, January 24, 2018

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of Air #1) by Holly Black

The Cruel Prince (The Folk of the Air, #1)The Cruel Prince by Holly Black
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook as part of the Female Fantasy Phenom chat for #yearofYA Tuesday 1/30 at 8PM EST. I love Holly Black books, faerie especially (Darkest Part of the Forest and Tithe series)! I can honestly say, I was addicted to listening but I was sick to my stomach- I ached for Jude and her twin, mortals being raised in the world of faerie. The only character I really liked for who they were was Vivianne, the faerie oldest sister of Jude. She hates her fairie father, Madoc, for the heinous murder of their parents and forcing them to live in faerie. Even worse, Jude and Taryn, both want to belong to this world that hates mortals (Viv wants to leave this world, her world). Jude plots to have power over those who despise her kind, yearn to be a knight, spy for Prince Dane and is constantly disappointed and plotted against (all the while honing her skills at deception, murder, and intrigue. Her sister tries to be Jude's opposite in every way-blind into the background, and don't argue. I wish I liked Jude more, but Black keeps foiling every thing Jude does and she is constantly a pawn in a very dangerous world, meeting with failure and heartbreak- can she remain STRONG for the fight she has plotted with the Ghost, Bomb and her Court of Shadow spies?

View all my reviews

No comments: