Thursday, January 4, 2018

The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris

The Magic Misfits (Magic Misfits, #1)The Magic Misfits by Neil Patrick Harris
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I so enjoyed Neil Patrick Harris' voice in this new series & can't wait to discuss it with my twitter chat peeps Sunday 1/7 at 9PM EST #yabookchat. Using humor, magic, charming characters and an exciting plot, Carter and his "new" friends (let's say his first friends) use their friendship, magic and individual talents to foil a carnival gang who mesmerizes with magic then steals from anyone (and everyone) in the crowd. Harris' use of Leila's 2 dads is heartwarming, adoption, living on the streets, slimy characters all make for a rollicking good read. I also liked the Magic Tricks Harris shares throughout the book and his conversational banter kept me turning those pages. I can't wait to read #2, highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: