Sunday, January 14, 2018

Thunderhead (Arc of the Scythe 2) by Neal Shusterman

Thunderhead (Arc of a Scythe #2)Thunderhead by Neal Shusterman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I think I really want to give this 2nd in the Arc of a Scythe series a 3.5 rating. I found it tough to read for 2 reasons, the first being all the Thunderhead ramblings (I was not a fan of his persona throughout the book) and the many drawn-out descriptions of places, happenings, details of the worlds Shusterman wants the reader to know to get the world of the Thunderhead, the Scythes, The Blades, Unsavories, and oh yes, the common man. I am not sure teens will hang in there and read all this in-depth description over and over again and it happens throughout the whole novel. Even though I knew this was a dystopian novel (and I love dystopian novels), I found my self putting down my kindle ALOT because the hatred, misery, and horrific "things" happening all the time caused me to question if it was all that necessary (Examples Greyson Tolliver, Rowan, and Tyger) for a GOOD dystopian read. I wanted to see so much more of Citra, Greyson, Rowan, Faraday and so much less of Goddard, Rand, and all the other awful Scythes plus as I said before Thunderhead and his hands off, not getting involved but also being totally involved as the Supreme Being drained me !!! I do love this Shusterman series and can't wait for Book 3 because the ending gave me hope.

View all my reviews

No comments: