Saturday, January 27, 2018

The Poisoned Blade (A Court of Fives Novel #2) by Kate Elliott

Poisoned Blade (Court of Fives, #2)Poisoned Blade by Kate Elliott
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I began reading this series for #yearofya January twitter chat Fantasy Phenoms (also highly recommend by Book Smugglers) and I just fell in love with Kate Elliott's harsh world of the Patrons, the Commoners, all the back stabbing, murders, and whatever else it takes by the royalty. Jes's world of the Court of Fives (viciously dictated by Lord Garagon- oh do I despise him) falls right into the path of the coming war and dreaded what it would mean for Jes, Kal (love them together!!!) Ro (the poet), her mother, her father (I really want to like him but the choices he has made have also forced him to be so so rigid with his daughter and I don't really like that she wants/needs his admiration). I have every confidence in her constant scheming to keep her family safe, get revenge on Lord Garagon, and in her travels garner the attention and notoriety she needs to keep her family safe and spy on the royals who will stop at nothing to get what they want and who they want on the throne. I am rooting for Kal and Jes in Book 3 but I also cringe at what may happen to Jes's world; I hope she can continue to be the fierce, formidable female protagonist!

View all my reviews

No comments: