Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Without Merit by Colleen Hoover

Without MeritWithout Merit by Colleen Hoover
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I really liked this Colleen Hoover book and I wasn't sure I would because the main character, Merit was such a mean girl. But as I read, you find there is a lot more going on in this book with Merit, her family, and extraneous people living in their home. I loved how Sagan and Luck were able to speak honestly to Merit which was so important to her since her family had soooo many secrets and they were literally consuming Merit. I also loved the dog aspect too, changed the dynamic of the story too. Merit and her family, the dysfunction, unhappiness, anger are all too real; I loved how Hoover unpeeled the layers, and slowly page by page began the healing after Merit's scathing letter (and other devastating events that night) opens wounds, enemies, and angry secrets. How will Merit survive? Will she? Will her family? Such a great read, I was very satisfied with the ending and I was so afraid I would hate the ending:)

View all my reviews

No comments: