Tuesday, July 31, 2018

My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies #2) by Cynthia Hand

My Plain Jane (The Lady Janies, #2)My Plain Jane by Cynthia Hand
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh did I love this 2nd book & listened to the audiobook in The Lady Janies series! Narrators, Cynthia Hand, Brodi Ashton, and Jodi Meadows continue to thrill in this series that is laugh out loud, mysterious, and ghostly!!! Charlotte Bronte and Jane Eyre are friends in an orphanage where they do not get enough to eat, are cold all the time and many are dying from the "disease" and reprehensible Mr Brocklehurst makes life hell until he is poisoned, but his ghost is still around to taunt them. The mystery surrounding broody Mr. Rochester is resolved and Charlotte & her interest in becoming a member of Society for the Relocation of Wayward Spirits is fun and Jane's friend, Helen (who is a ghost) brought a lot of humor and drama to Jane's predicament! I loved this new take on Jane Eyre, there was so much to be thrilled with-ghosts, friendship, the Victorian Age, and lastly a jolly, rollicking good read and listen!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: