Monday, July 15, 2019

The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman #2) by Graeme Simsion

The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2)The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I loved Dan O'Grady's narration of this 2nd Don Tillman book but not much else in this long overly exaggerated pregnancy with Rosie and Don. As I listened I liked Don even more than the lst book, except for his deceit- not telling Rosie about the playground incident which became so much more than 1 thing he did not tell his wife. Don was all about trying to find out how to be a Dad- awful counselor Lydia told him he should never have a child. After other things I learned about her Lydia should never have been a counselor!!! I also did not like Gene's advice; it was still too much not telling Rosie the truth. So as Don works toward keeping things from Rosie, learning how to be a father, attending anger management classes, volunteering at birthing sessions which has a lesbian couple running it, it all spells disaster for Don. I did not like Rosie in this book either; she was up and down with her comments, not being honest with Don, and her character really disappointed me. And when is someone going to come out and talk about Don's autism?!? So I am really not sure I want to listen to/read the third book in the series and that makes me sad bc I really loved the 1st book.

View all my reviews

No comments: