Wednesday, July 17, 2019

With the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo

With the Fire on HighWith the Fire on High by Elizabeth Acevedo
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I just loved Author Elizabeth Acevedo's narration & story of The Fire on High, I grew up in Philly and now live in a suburb close to Philadelphia. I loved Emani, her story, her love of cooking & everything Philly. All librarians need to get this book in their libraries!!! Teens will love teen mom, Emani and her struggles within herself, with her family, and in school. I savored her love of cooking (the title of this book is just perfect), how she describes over and over her love for her daughter, grandmother, Philadelphia, and her friends. This book should be in all high schools; the themes are so important, the characters find strength despite their daily circumstances in urban neighborhoods, and I just wanted to eat all the food Emani cooked, discussed, and made in Spain. A must read; loved this book!!! Thank you so much for this ode to Philly I will be recommending it to all my friends.

View all my reviews

No comments: