Sunday, October 11, 2020

Lilac Girls (Lilac Girls, #1) by Martha Hall Kelly

Lilac Girls (Lilac Girls, #1)Lilac Girls by Martha Hall Kelly
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Awesomely narrated by Cassandra Campbell , Kathleen Gati , Kathrin Kana ,and Martha Hall Kelly, I loved this book but had to stop listening also because it was so gripping and upsetting with the horrors exacted upon Kasia, her family and friends at Ravensbrück during WWII. Mesmerizing were the voices of Caroline and Kasia and I hated Dr. Herta Oberheuser as she changed from a caring person to a German supporter of the Third Reich. The research was meticulous by Martha Hall Kelly and I will certainly be listening to or reading the 2nd in the series, The Lost Girls. For those interested in knowing more about WWII, the Holocaust, and a very dark period of history, this is a must read!

View all my reviews

No comments: