Friday, October 16, 2020

Summer of L.U.C.K. by Laura Segal Stegman

Summer of L.U.C.K.Summer of L.U.C.K. by Laura Segal Stegman
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Thank you to #BookJunkies, @Laura Stegman, @maestraw for recommending Summer of L.U.C.K by debut author, Laura Segal Stegman. Oh did I love this book and I know middle grade students will absolutely enjoy Darby, Naz, and Justin as they become friends, allies, and sleuths at summer camp. The fantasy/magic elements were mesmerizing and sucked me in. It seems only Darby, Naz and Justin hear the music playing, they are transported in flying carnival rides, and best yet, they can send each other mind messages! And the mystery of who Leroy Usher is and what he wants from the children spur them to become their best selves. Laura Stegman has crafted a superior debut novel that had me turning the pages, falling in love with these kids, and best of all, finding out there will be another book of their adventures, I am so excited and can’t wait. Highly recommended!


View all my reviews

No comments: