Wednesday, October 21, 2020

The Storyteller by Jodi Picoult

The StorytellerThe Storyteller by Jodi Picoult
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book as part of my Albright College book club and this was chosen by Sue Murphy Bonnewell. As much as I am drawn to Holocaust books, during this time of Covid, I found myself putting the book down because it was so horrific hearing Mika's hellish story of her life in the concentration camps. It was interesting reading her book she was writing and reading to her best friend about a devil... I think Sage is a very flawed human being but I liked her and wanted her to find happiness and not settle because she thought so little of herself. I LOVED Leo and his passion for Nazi hunting, his interest in Sage and her story, then her grandmother's story; it was all so mesmerizing, but devastating! Jodi Picoult wrote novel I very much wanted to put down but could not; very thoroughly researched!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: