Wednesday, October 28, 2020

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab

The Invisible Life of Addie LaRueThe Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Spoilers will be in this review! I loved this book so much, as always with any V.E. Schwab book, this book was compulsive reading, and courageous in plot, theme and characters! Addie LaRue is a favorite character for me; she was strong yet vulnerable, passionate about music and art, determined to live life (learning languages and also more about her curse as time dragged on) while being doomed to never being remembered by anyone. What disappointed me about Addie was learning late in the book about her sexual relations with Luc. I thought Addie and I were on the same page with our hatred of Luc and his despicability. It bothered me to learn this after her relationship with Henry was threatened. I guess if I want to give her a pass I have to understand just how lonely she was all those years and she gave in to her insecurity and Luc's abusive dominance- because let's face it---he is the god of darkness and one she should have never made her bargain with...
There was so much beauty in the places Addie travels to throughout her life, even if she can't thrive always looking for lodging, food, money, books, etc I loved Schwab's worldbuilding and her characters---one of my favorites was Estele and her oneness with nature. I loved Henry and his band of friends.
I will be thinking about this awesome, compelling book---Addie and Henry and Luc (him unfortunately) for a long long time--highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: