Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Disappeared by Francisco X Stork

DisappearedDisappeared by Francisco X. Stork
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read & loved all of Stork's compelling book, Disappeared has me wanting more-I hope Stork continues with the story of Sara and Emiliano. Juarez, Mexico really scared me; it was good to see the home of Sara & Emiliano from their viewpoint, but you would never find me living there and loving it. Sara is an investigative reporter for the newspaper, El Sol, but she has been following, researching, and broadcasting the disappearance of girls from their community, especially once her best friend, Linda vanishes. The injustice in the system of law seems overwhelming but when Sara and her family are targeted to stop looking into Linda's disappearance, they do find a few people they can trust-it is the strength of Sara's convictions, her family & friend support network that keep her continually investigating. The parallel story of her brother, Emiliano, breaks my heart because he is a good kid (star soccer player, part of a youth group that helps others, falling for a girl that is rich and too far out of his reach. I hated when Emiliano began to be drawn into the world of lies (because he cherishes truth so much) and easy money, and that is when he begins to have an inner war with himself. Paco his friend keeps telling him his choices will not get him what he wants, but Emiliano does not tell his friend anything while continuing to reach for the impossible. I really think Stork should continue this story, I want to follow Sara and Emiliano as they run for safety, into an unknown world.

View all my reviews

No comments: