Sunday, October 29, 2017

Rebel Seoul by Axie Oh

Rebel SeoulRebel Seoul by Axie Oh
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this book on my kindle because I loved the review Rich in Color posted August 4 by Audrey. With a militaristic society of New Seoul and Old Seoul, Jaewon (LOVED him!!!) is a character raised in the streets (and was involved with a gang) after his father disappears and dies (for some higher good?!?) and is familiar with both worlds- he works a few jobs and is an elite soldier who got a scholarship and totally excelled becoming assigned to the Tower and partnering with Tera (a girl who has been raised/injected with Enhancers (along with her sister Ama) and is a killing machine. What I loved about this book was the worlds, I could not stop turning the pages, and Jaewon was tough but was as empathetic (he didn't believe it) as he was the perfect soldier. I hated his best friend, Yeoung, who abandoned him because it continued to cause him heartache and pain years later. Even more, I hated his best friend's father, oh was he evil, and I wished the worst for him. I was totally unimpressed with his friend at the academy whose father is The Director- he is rich, unfeeling, but also being abused by his father. I rooted for Jaewon and Tera-they were very strong characters who wanted better things for themselves in life. I really hope this is the beginning of a series because there is so much more I want to dive into with Jaewon and Tera's world!

View all my reviews

No comments: