Tuesday, October 17, 2017

Shadowhouse Fall (Shadowshaper Cypher Book 2) by Daniel Jose Older

Shadowhouse Fall (Shadowshaper, #2)Shadowhouse Fall by Daniel José Older
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Oh boy did I get drawn into Sierra's world once again of shadowshapers and her spirit world, where she and her friends fight to keep the Shadowhouse world intact as other spirits threaten to destroy them and their families. Sierra is one strong Shadowshaper who is not afraid to use her tongue (she is a tough talker) and friends (Juan, Bennie, Izzy, Anthony, Robbie, Mina) to thwart the overthrow of her world. I rooted for her as her friends were thrown in jail or mental institutions, and she still rallied her troops to fight against the Deck of Cards, The Sorrows, and the Hound. I loved Older's world of urban Brooklyn, the spirits (the good and the bad) the shapeshifting and their clashes with the other houses- I could not stop reading---loved the beauty, magic, and urban feel of this urban fantasy- can't wait for #3!!!

View all my reviews

No comments: