Friday, September 28, 2018

China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2) by Kevin Kwan

China Rich Girlfriend (Crazy Rich Asians #2)China Rich Girlfriend by Kevin Kwan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook by new narrator, Lydia Look- she was good but I had to get used to her because I listened to and LOVED Crazy Rich Asians narrated by Lynn Chen, too! I have to admit that that I love Rachel (and her college friend), Michael, Astrid, and Charlie Wu plotlines---and really do not enjoy any of the other characters and the family and social dynamics. So as I listened to this 2nd book in the series; I was once again reminded how awful many of these characters are- driven by money and surface judgments, not reality and human kindness. So I have already downloaded Book 3 but only to find out what happens to these characters and if there is not an uplifting ending; I will not be happy.

View all my reviews

No comments: