Monday, September 10, 2018

The Brink of Darkness (Edge of Everything #2) by Jeff Giles

The Brink of Darkness (The Edge of Everything, #2)The Brink of Darkness by Jeff Giles
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this kick-ass, totally awesome book as part of the #yearofYA twitter chat Empowered Female Heroines/Characters. Zoe continues to be such a great, strong female heroine---loving and fiercely protecting those she loves. First and foremost is X, who had been banished to the Lowlands forever, in order to save Zoe & her family from Dervish's evil machinations. Failing is not an option when it comes to Zoe's outlook, zeal and defending those she loves (her mom, Jonah, Rufus, friends Val & Dallas, & most of all from the Lowlands --Ripper, Maud, and Sylvie. I listened to The Edge of Darkness and was enraptured with Giles worldbuilding, his characterization of X, and the deep romantic bonds tying Zoe & X to each other. Once I realized Audible was not going to answer my question about an audio version of The Brink of Darkness, I consumed this book from the in 2 days!!! Giles once again did not disappoint--I was on a roller coaster about the fates of X and Zoe, the heinousness of the ever expanding Lowlands was widened with X's imprisonment and torture by The Countess and in the bowels of The Cave of Swords. I dared to hope for Zoe's and X's happiness; but they were both very serious and constant in their pursuit. I could not put this book down; a favorite series of mine- highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: