Sunday, September 30, 2018

Truly Devious (Truly Devious #1) by Maureen Johnson

Truly Devious (Truly Devious, #1)Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this truly spine tingling YA mystery (even better, it is a series!!!) for #2jennsbookclub twitter chat taking place 10/11 at 8PM EST, join us for a great book and even better chat!!! Stevie is such an awesome female protagonist who knows who she is and what she wants - to go to Ellingham Academy and solve the Ellingham mystery & murders. She gets into the exclusive school despite her parents being against it (and Stevie) for a host of reasons that were so annoying. Stevie meets many different students, jumps into solving the mystery, and loves her classes. From day one though, Stevie senses something is weird and it will take the death of a student, tunnels, friends and their "isms" and makeout sessions that will scare Stevie into believing Truly Devious has struck again. Although I wasn't a fan of the ending; I was a fan of Maureen Johnson's awesome ability to write a detective/mystery thriller that had me gobbling up this suspenseful crime thriller. Highly recommended.

View all my reviews

No comments: