Monday, September 17, 2018

Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir

A Reaper at the Gates (An Ember in the Ashes, #3)A Reaper at the Gates by Sabaa Tahir
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I listened to this audiobook and the narrators - Fiona Hardingham, Katherine McEwan, Maxwell Caulfield, Steve West were all so awesome!!! But I found this book so hard to listen to get through...I am going to ask Ms Tahir who I love WHERE is the hope? I think teens need to have some redemption and closure and this book let me down. I hated what happened to all three main characters - Laia, Elias, & Helene!!! There was total frustration on my part as these characters were torn apart by the NightBringer, The Emperor, and lastly The Commandant (she needs to die---like the Emperor)time and time again and again. Why did Elias have to sacrifice his humanity? Why does the Blood Shrike keep making choices that will doom her and her people? Why does Laia have to lose everything? I loved Darin, Cook, Helene's sister, and Musa- I really would like to see MORE redemption, closure, hope, and happiness---LESS backstabbing, battles, and genocide. So please Sabaa Tahir, can the final installment be more rewarding and less heartbreaking?

View all my reviews

No comments: