Sunday, April 28, 2019

Internment by Samira Ahmed

InternmentInternment by Samira Ahmed
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a tough but important read! I loved the cover of this book, too! Layla's plight was so awful; she will not be silent but she is fearful at the same time---but that does not stop her from resisting the horrible predicament of being relocated into an internment camp with her parents because their religion is Muslim. I kept putting this book down because it was scary and oh so believable. Ahmed's near future in this book is all too real given the current political climate in our world today. The brutality of the Director and his Security soldiers gave me nightmares; I ached for Layla and what she endures---but it is Layla and her friends and the hope they have for a better world that kept this future nightmare world as a symbol of how important freedom is today and everyday. A must read!

View all my reviews

No comments: