Wednesday, April 3, 2019

My Brother's Husband, Volume 2 (My Brother's Husband Omnibus, #2) by Tagame Gengoroh

My Brother's Husband, Volume 2 (My Brother's Husband Omnibus, #2)My Brother's Husband, Volume 2 by Gengoroh Tagame
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this award winner (Great Graphic Novels) as part of the 2019 HUB Reading Challenge and oh did I love this 2nd book in the series! Tagame's illustrations of all three individuals (Kana, Yaichi & Mike) were done in B&W pencil and so realistic--Kana is a smart, sweet girl who loves Mike with all her heart and helps to change her father's (Yaichi) thoughts on being gay as she whole heartedly loves her Uncle Mike. I also liked Kana's mom, she was a truly remarkable, even character and it was interesting to see her dynamic with her ex. This is manga and high school students will learn much as they find not all cultures are accepting of "differences" in others. A must read!

View all my reviews

No comments: