Thursday, April 11, 2019

Lovely War by Julie Berry

Lovely WarLovely War by Julie Berry
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I listened to this latest Julie Berry book and oh was the narration terrific (also great writing!!!) by : Jayne Entwistle, Allan Corduner, & afterward by Julie Berry! I love Julie Berry and she really did an awesome job on the research in this book! Using the Greeks Gods Aphrodite, Ares, Hephaestus, and Apollo---Aphrodite is taken to court by her husband, Hephaestus for dallying with Ares. She tells the story of Hazel and James and also a little later, Aubry Edwards and Colette during World War 1 and how they meet and navigate love during a time of war. I LOVED this book and Julie Berry's research and facts were so important; especially about the black soldiers, racism, women---it was very enlightening to me and oh so sad.

View all my reviews

No comments: