Sunday, April 28, 2019

Shame the Stars by Guadalupe Garcia McCall

Shame the StarsShame the Stars by Guadalupe Garcia McCall
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I loved this book but it was such a tough but GOOD read! What happened in history during 1915 between the people of Texas and Mexico, the Texas Rangers, and the government, between the families of Joaquin and Dulcena was violent, compelling and authentic. This was a riveting book and I had to put it down so many times as I ached for what these families were enduring at the hands of racists with governmental acquiescence. But I kept picking it back up because I needed to know what this period of history was like---Ms McCall's Notes at the end were pivotal. Teens will see many parallels in history and today as they read this powerful, tension-filled book.

View all my reviews

No comments: