Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake

Ivy Aberdeen's Letter to the WorldIvy Aberdeen's Letter to the World by Ashley Herring Blake
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this Stonewall Honor Award book for the 2019 HUB Reading Challenge. I listened to it and the audio narration was done by Chloe Cannon and she was superb! Ivy's story is one middle grade readers will want to read for all the contemporary issues it tackles in a really good story (LGBTQ, coming of age, friendship, family and loneliness) but readers will be gripped by the tornado and the havoc it rekes, both immediately and in the future. I enjoyed getting to know Ivy through her thoughts, words, and "stormy" pictures, major drama with her sister, Layla and feeling left out after the twins are born. The resiliency project,both Ivy and June were working on really showed these girls as they wanted the world to see them. Awesome book, I LOVED IT!

View all my reviews

No comments: