Friday, June 7, 2019

A Heart in a Body in the World by Deb Caletti

A Heart in a Body in the WorldA Heart in a Body in the World by Deb Caletti
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this award winner (Best Fiction for YA, Printz Honor) as part of the 2019 HUB Reading Challenge. Also special thanks to my reading buddy, Kellyanne Burbage, for her awesome mention that I may have recommended this book (sorry I did not, but happy your tweet prompted me to read this stunner!!!) I loved this book for so many reasons and all of them are not good---this book will tear apart your heart with Annabelle's grief and suffering as she runs from (herself and what happened) Seattle, WA to Washington, D.C. trying to make sense out of her broken heart (and previous self) and honor those impacted by dating violence. The cover of this book was perfect to---you must see it, read it and you will know what I am talking about. Annabelle's sorrow, anger, and grief propel her to run (away from something or toward something?) and as she runs she tells us her story and you reader, will be gripped and outraged as you enter Annabelle's world because what she tells us is being experienced throughout the world; it is a serious problem and affect way too many of us. This is a must read for all---YA and adults! Highly recommended!

View all my reviews

No comments: